[Hiring | Melbourne AU or Remote | Lead and Principal Software Engineer - Software and Data Engineering]
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
As a Principal Engineer for Payments, Inflow Lending and Credit Integration, I find Xero a enjoyable and highly supportive workplace, allowing me every opportunity to perform at my best. Strong people values and with a fast evolving technology landscape we need highly dedicated engineers to join our teams.
Two opportunities now exist for a Lead Engineer and Principal Engineer role at Xero. Based in Melbourne Australia however open to remote work.
To find more details and apply for either of these outstanding roles please refer to the following:
• Lead Engineer
- Technology - Melbourne, AU or Remote - details and apply here
• Principal Engineer
- CIM - Melbourne, AU or Remote - details and apply here
The experience that we look for at Xero include:
• Strong knowledge of DDD including mentoring and coaching teams, facilitating event storming.
• Strong knowledge and application of event sourcing and CQRS
• Strong experience in programming languages, notably:
◦ Typescript/NodeJS for React UI and BFF
◦ c-sharp for Restful services
◦ Golang for Cloud Native and serverless applications
◦ Python for data engineering
• Experience with Prefect Cloud
• Experience with DBT
• Exposure and experience with React UI
• Deliver successfully on all aspects of the product life cycle stages
• Exposure to scalable architecture using modularised frontend and backend applications, especially distributed applications.
• Experience designing and implementing APIs that enhance the developer experience, providing complete, accurate, and easy-to-digest documentation
Please reach out to me @Jean-Paul Berthelot
if you have any further queries or reply to this thread.