Hi all! Trevali mining is hiring a data engineer to join our data analytics team in Stellenbosch, South Africa (wine country! and one of the most beautiful places you'll ever see), but remote is also an option.
Trevali mining is a base metal miner with operations in Canada, Burkina Faso and Namibia. We are shaping the future of mining, and building data-driven tools that enable that.
The Data Analytics team operates like a startup within our organization, and we try to bring a flexible and innovative culture to mining.
• Develop and document logical and physical data models based on requirements gathered by a deep understanding of the business problem being solved.
• Participate in requirements gathering sessions and stakeholder interviews and work with business / project analysts to translate business requirements into appropriate integration and persistence solutions in support of data science products.
• Responsible for designing, developing, testing, automating, monitoring, maintaining, and updating data integration and ingestion processes.
• Develop a Trevali reference architecture for data integration and the related technology stack.
• Perform data cleaning and transformation functions to ensure that data is ready for use in various applications.
• Support the business and its vendors by servicing data requests and setting up data pipelines as required.
• Understand the data science delivery lifecycle.
• Be part of an innovative, fun and growing team
• Lots of autonomy, and the ability to make decisions that shape the future of data engineering in our organization
• A global culture with corporate offices in Stellenbosch and Vancouver
• We've got a Boston Dynamics Spot in the office that you can play with if you want?
You can use the link below to find out more, but just DM me for a conversation instead.
Find out more here: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/trevali/jobs/2221743-14900