Hi! I'm the Data Engineer at Indoorclima. We are currently evaluating options for building our ETL and prefect seems amazing! We do have some questions that couldn't find an answer in the documentation:
• Will prefect orion be compatible with flows previously created?
• While prefect seems amazing, prefect orion is even better with the possibility of true dynamic flows with "if", "for" and "while". We have seen that it is expected an a stable release in early 2022 and as of now it is not recommended to deploy orion in production. As we want to start developing ASAP is there a more specific ETA for the stable release?
• Are there any plans of supporting other databases like MySQL?
Thank you all!
02/16/2022, 12:27 PM
Welcome to the community! 👋
1. Given the similarity of the Orion and Core client APIs, upgrading should require minimal effort on users' behalf. But we will also provide upgrade guides and tools to make Orion adoption as easy as possible for Prefect 1.0 users.
2. We expect to have a beta release close to the end of Q1 or early Q2 but please consider it just a rough ETA. You can follow #announcements channel in the next months to stay up to date with all Orion releases. You can also hit the 🔔 icon on this Discourse tag to get email notifications about all future releases.
3. We support SQLite and Postgres, but I doubt MySQL will be supported as it has different syntax and is less performant than Postgres. For more details on that, check out this documentation page.
Roger Bosch Mateo
02/16/2022, 12:51 PM
Thanks @Anna Geller!
02/16/2022, 2:09 PM
If glad to hear that you're excited about Orion, @Roger Bosch Mateo! As @Anna Geller said, we have some exciting announcements coming in the next few weeks. Stay tuned!
02/16/2022, 2:17 PM
Hi @Roger Bosch Mateo, welcome to Prefect!
02/16/2022, 2:35 PM
Welcome @Roger Bosch Mateo!
02/16/2022, 2:54 PM
Welcome to the community @Roger Bosch Mateo!
02/16/2022, 4:37 PM
@Roger Bosch Mateo I updated my answer since we do support Postgres already